Tavistock Country Garden Show 2023
The show that gives local horticultural, arts & crafts, culinary and musical talent the chance to showcase the best of what they do. Below are some of the exhibitors and traders who took part over this Spring bank holiday. The show had a great range of plants, young vegetables and everthing besides you could want for home & garden. Thank you to all the exhibitors and traders who were incredibly helpful and knowledgeable making it a heaven for plant lovers. Most of all, thank you to the many visitors who came to enjoy the show and entertainments making it such a great atmosphere - we look forward to seeing you next year!
Every Show Garden display was worthy of praise, however, congratulations go to Heron House Interiors - winner of the Mayor's Choice Award 2023, and to The Inside Garden - winner of the People's Choice Award 2023.
Pannier Market Hall Centre
Barracott Plants - Growers of less common plants for shade and of architectural interest. This years' show garden will concentrate on foliage emphasising the diversity of plant foliage and form in both evergreen and deciduous plants featuring the Tetrapanax Papyrifer ‘Rex’ (Chinese Rice-paper Plant) a fast-growing exotic plant (3ft in a year) that's very much in vogue at the moment.
- Coastal Hedging - A small family run business in South Devon supplying a wide range of shrubs, climbers, herbaceous and grasses, many of which are suited to coastal conditions.
- Combley Plants - Quality plants grown in Devon such as herbaceous perennials, ornamental grasses, baskets and bedding plants.
- Devon Wildlife Trust - Find out more about projects across Devon aiming to restore degraded landscapes and seas, recreate wildlife habitat and reintroduce key species.
- Greenlands/Marble Art - A show garden featuring plants, bedding plants, annuals, perennials, herbs and marble based garden ornaments.
- Heron House Interiors - Vintage garden items, succulents, ferns and sculptures. This will be Shirley’s second show garden, again themed around her love of plants and nature called 'Free as a Bird' featuring birds in ‘open’ vintage bird cages, to represent freedom and appreciation without the need for possession.
- The Inside Garden - New ladies on the block nestled in the heart of Tavistock who are simply bonkers about houseplants; a passion that's grown from a little hobby and small saplings to now a fully-grown business. Lauren & Hayley's show garden theme is ‘Just One More…’ showing how you can always squeeze one more plant in somewhere!
- Mosaic Angels - Beautiful handmade mosaic art suncatchers, including butterflies and birds for home and garden.
- Piccolo Plants Nursery - A wide variety of beautiful succulents grown in the plant nursery in South East Devon.
- Potting Shed Ceramics - Individually crafted handmade ceramics, inspired by nearby beautiful Dartmoor for the home and garden.
- Trecanna Nursery - A specialist plant nursery set on the Cornish banks of the beautiful Tamar Valley growing hardier South African plants including a large selection of Crocosmia, Eucomis, Tulbaghia and more...
- Treseders Nursery - A small independent nursery in Cornwall, propagating and growing a wide range of assorted shrubs & perennials, many rare and unusual.
- Wendy Hicks Plants - A celebration of hardy, colourful herbaceous perennial plants, and wonderfully stunning clematis.
Pannier Market Perimeter
- 2nd Chances House & Garden Woodcraft - Handcrafted items for the home and garden made from reclaimed wood and other quirky upcycled items, including garden trugs, nesting boxes and garden storage.
- Dolton Designs - Handcrafted garden metalwork inspired by Devon life, it’s nature and gardeners such as Plant Frames, Gazebo, Moongate and garden sculptures/lights.
Essence of Hartland - Home fragrances made with essential oils including diffusers, soy wax candles, scented paper, room sprays and incense cones. All products are handmade using ingredients and materials sourced from the South West.
Growers Organics - Certified organic vegetable, herb plants and seeds from the heart of the South Devon countryside.
Lynn’s Willow - Beautiful creations made from Willow for the home and garden inspired by the natural Cornish landscape.
Mainly Geraniums - Hardy geraniums/pelargoniums and perennials.
- Mane Events with 'Boo' - Meet teeny-tiny 'Boo' the Shetland pony. Learn more about their unique niche events, and, any gardeners wanting pony poo for their beds and borders, just bring along your bucket & spade!
- Plant Crèche - Perfectly positioned so you don't have to carry your haul of plants around for the day.
- Tavistock Community Gardening - An ever-growing group of volunteers on a mission to convince everyone of the value of locally grown food, the beauty of the humble vegetable and the joy of growing and harvesting your own.
- Thornton's Growing & Living - Ben Thornton aka 'The Young Grower' (and Gold Winner in the Great British Growing Awards 2021), has an incredible story behind the roots of his business; ethically handmade products, gardening supplies and gifts, inspired from his allotment, love for nature and self-belief.
ZeezBeez - Handcrafted skin care products using wax and honey from the hives of our happy bees that eat their own honey. Bee welfare comes first so we only use what our bees don’t need in soaps, shampoo bars, beeswax food wraps, lip balms and bath bombs.
- Fry's Teak Garden Furniture - Finest quality teak garden furniture and sculptures (this trader supports the work of Trees4Trees Trust)
Rafferty’s - Vintage gardenalia including zinc tubs, planters, mirrors, obelisks and bench sets.
- The Robey Trust - A local charitable organisation dedicated to the preservation, restoration, operation and display of steam vehicles and other historic engines. Enjoy a steam engine ride-around-town during the show!
Tavistock Community Sensory Garden - Garden related gifts and promotion of the Friends Membership Scheme for the tranquil and peaceful garden next to the bowling club in Tavistock Meadows.
- Tavistock Flowers - The Little Garden on the Square, featuring beautiful plants for your garden and home.
- Transition Tavistock - Working towards a sustainable future for Tavistock and the surrounding area. Learn more about The Great Big Green Week a UK wide celebration of community action to tackle climate change and protect nature.
- West Country Falconry - Offering one of the best Bird of Prey flying displays in England, enjoy a free flying demonstration at close range during the Garden Show.
- Musical entertainments stage featuring Ellie Brooke McCall, Blowzone, Flute Cocktail and Saxophonics
- Ales & Tails
- Best-Tea Bubbles
- Parkwood Crafts
- Miss Ivy Bar - A splendid selection of beverages.
- Desi Junction
- Daddy's D Kitchen
- Dazy Drinks
- Same, Same but Different
- Young Baristas - Coffee Bar
- Looking for something a little different, that inspires and celebrates the very best of what the region has to offer? Visit our award winning Butchers' Hall for a truly unique experience featuring an array of arts and crafts in this year's 'Nature Inspired' themed market during both days of the show.